COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. — Mission Ridge's Lindsay Ahmann finished in 34th place in the super combined and 41st in the super-G race during today's FIS Nor-Am Cup action at Copper Mountain, Colo. On Saturday, the 17-year-old Ahmann was 39th in the super-G.Ahmann finished in a time of 1:33.92. MRST alumnus Brooke Wales, 23, who now skis for the University of Colorado, was seventh in the super combined and eighth both today and Saturday in the super-G.Canadian skier Erin Mielzynski, 23, came out on top in today's super combined and super-G. Canada's Marie-Pier Prefontaine, 25, captured Saturday's super-G.Nor-Am CupCopper Mountain, Colo.Sunday, Dec. 8Ladies Super Combined1. Erin Mielzynski, Canada, 2:14.892. Marie-Pier Prefontaine, Canada, 2:16.883. Megan McJames, Aspen, Colo., 2:17.327. Brooke Wales, University of Colorado, 2:18.1134. Lindsay Ahmann, Mission Ridge Ski Team, 2:25.52Sunday, Dec. 8Ladies Super-G1. Erin Mielzynski, Canada, 1:31.862. Marie-Pier Prefontaine, Canada, 1:32.083. Katie Hartman, Aspen, Colo., 1:32.098. Brooke Wales, University of Colorado, 1:32.8241. Lindsay Ahmann, Mission Ridge Ski Team, 1:36.36Saturday, Dec. 7Ladies Super-G1. Marie-Pier Prefontaine, Canada, 1:28.292. Julia Roth, Canada, 1:28.703. Katie Hartman, Aspen, Colo., 1:28.838. Brooke Wales, University of Colorado, 1:29.8339. Lindsay Ahmann, Mission Ridge Ski Team, 1:33.92
Posted in Team
MRST is looking for volunteers to help with races at Mission Ridge for the upcoming season. Our Earn Your Turns volunteer program information is listed below and for those of you who are not able to commit to the program guidelines but would still like to help, we give you a lift ticket on race day, a voucher for a lift ticket taht can be used at Mission Ridge through the end o the season and lunch. Please help us by passing this information on to your friends!
Earn Your Turns Program Outline:
* In return for committing to volunteering to help us a minimum of 10 on-hill race days MRST provides you with a Mission Ridge Season Pass.
* Interested parties must be able to safely negotiate our Skookum, Tumwater and Tillikum race venues in a variety of snow and weather conditions.
* Those interested in being a gate keeper must have the ability to stay in a single location on the hill during the actual running of the race.
* Those interested in course crew must be comfortable skiing the race venue at higher speeds without poles and must have the ability to carry loads of up to 50 pounds.
* Previous experience is NOT required - MRST will provide training.
* Parents of current MRST athletes who are under the umbrella of volunteer commitment obligations are not eligible for this program.
* The EYT/Course Crew Program registration process requires said volunteers to provide credit card infomation that will be processed for the amount of the Mission Ridge Season Pass if the minimum commitment is not met, at the effective rate posted November 1, 2013.
* The EYT/Course Crew training is scheduled for Saturday, December 28th, 2013, 12:45PM at the bottom of the Skookum run at Mission Ridge.
Those interested should contact Jeff Sanborn
NCW's largest ski swap is back for another year. This can't miss event will be held on Saturday, October 19th in the gym of Orchard Middle School (1024 Orchard Street) from 8:00am to 2:00pm. Traditionally, lines of propectve buyers form at the entrance at 7:30am so buyers are encouraged to get there early.
What: NCW's Largest Ski Swap
When: Saturday, October 19th, 8:00am to 2:00pm
Where: Orchard Middle School, 1024 Orchard St, Wenatchee
Proceeds Benefit: Mission Ridge Ski Team and Orchard Middle School PTA
Sellers Check In: Friday, October 18th from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Doors open to buyers promptly at 8:00am on Saturday morning. Qualified ski personnel will be on hand to answer questions. Unsold equipment and checks for items sold must be picked up on Saturday between the hours of 5:30pm - 7:30pm. The ski swap will not store unclaimed equipment. Sorry, no "straight" alpine skis; no "rear" entry boots or out of date ski poles.
Buyers will find hundreds of choices of new and used ski equipment, including alpine and cross-country skis, snowboards, boots, poles, helmets as well as outdoor clothing and accessories. The huge selection of ski gear will be sold at discount prices, with 20% of all proceeds benefitting Orchard Middle School PTO and the Mission Ridge Ski Team. Knowledgeable sales staff will be on hand to answer questions during the event.
The swap accepts cash and checks only; no credit or debit cards.
For questions or additional information contact Kari Johnson at 509-888-2372 or
Written by Kari Johnson,
Posted in Fundraisers
MRSEF Office25 N. Wenatchee Ave. Suite 112Wenatchee, WA 98801
© Ridgeline Graphics Inc. 2010. All Rights Reserved. Photography by MKC Photography,Site built by Ridgeline Graphics Inc.